The City of Moreno Valley is dedicated to ensuring that all City programs, services, benefits, activities and facilities operated or funded by the City are fully accessible to and usable by people with disabilities.
The City's Public Works Department administers the implementation of ADA Standards and upgrades to meet ADA requirements under the State and Federal law and in accordance with the City's adopted " Public Right of-Way Access Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan".
Guy Pegan, P.E.
Public Works Department
14177 Frederick Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92552
ADA Accomodation/Grievance Procedures
A person who requires an accommodation, an auxiliary aid or service to participate in a City program, service, or activity, or who requests a modification of policies or procedures, should contact the sponsoring department as far in advance as possible, but no later than two business days before the scheduled event. The best effort to fulfill the request will be made.
Request for Accommodation
Individuals who need a modification or accommodation to a program, service, or activity of the City of Moreno Valley may file a written request for Accommodation and Complaint / Grievance Form with either the City's ADA Coordinator or with the City’s ADA Administrator. In addition to requesting modifications or accommodations, individuals should use the same form to request the removal of a physical barrier.
- If your request is not urgent, the City will contact you to acknowledge receipt within two business days after we receive your request.
- After reviewing the situation, if the City needs time to provide the service or barrier removal that you request, the City will notify you of what action the City proposes and in what time frame.
ADA Complaint/Grievance Procedure
Individuals who need a modification or accommodation to a program, service, or activity of the City of Moreno Valley may file a written Request for Accommodation and Complaint/Grievance Form within the Public Right of Way for barrier removal with either the City's ADA Coordinator or with the City's ADA Administrator. In addition to requesting modifications or accommodations, individuals should use the same form to request the removal of a physical barrier.
Requests or complaints relating specifically to curb ramps can be made directly to the City's ADA Administrator.
Moreno Valley ADA Policies and Compliance Guidelines
All guidelines are in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format and require the free Acrobat Reader.
- City's Public ROW Access ADA Transition Plan (09/14)
- ADA Work Zone Path of Travel Guidelines
- ADA Checklist for Special Events
- Pedestrian Pathway - Construction Barricade Guidelines
- U.S. Access Board Accessible Sidewalks Checklist
- City's Accommodation and Complaint / Grievance Form
- City's ADA Public Notice
Moreno Valley City Contacts
|Building and Safety Division||951.413.3350|
|Emergency Management and Volunteer Services||951.413.3800|
|Parks & Community Services||951.413.3280|
|City's Facilities Maintenance (Access)||951.413.3740|
|Public Works Maintenance and Operations||951.413.3160|
|Senior Community Center||951.213.3430|
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines
- Communicating with People Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing - ADA Guide for Law Enforcement Officers
- Council on Aging
- DSA's California Access Compliance Reference Manual
- JAN Job Accommodation Network
- Moreno Valley College Disabled Student Services
- Pacific Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC)
- RTA Dial-A-Ride
- US Department Of Justice ADA Web Site