When Neighbors Talk, Good Things Happen!
See Local Events and Activities
The MoVal Neighbors program uses technology developed by Nextdoor.com to offer a free, private, trusted social networking website for neighbor-to-neighbor communication.
Neighborhoods are private websites where neighbors can ask questions and get to know each other. Neighbors can use the site to:
- Find trustworthy local resources, such as babysitters, plumbers, and dentists.
- Report suspicious activity and local crime.
- Share information about local events and school activities.
- Organize neighborhood garage sales and block parties.
- Get help finding lost pets and missing packages.
- Sell or give away items, like an old kitchen table or a bike.
Unlike an email listserv or other online group, neighbor posts are organized and archived for future reference by participants.
Neighbors can feel comfortable sharing information with one another. All members must verify that they live within the neighborhood. Information is password-protected and cannot be accessed by those outside the neighborhood (including City Hall) or found on Google or other search engines. Personal information is never shared with any third parties.
Moreno Valley neighborhoods can now take advantage of this new type of social networking to build happier, safer places to call home.