Moreno Valley Congratulates Our Newest Job Creators
The City celebrates exceptional job growth by new and expanding Moreno Valley businesses over the past year. Employment opportunities have increased by more than 2,600 jobs and the City is featuring these industrial successes in an advertisement placed in numerous publications throughout Southern California.
Through the ad, the City visually demonstrates Moreno Valley’s emergence as the Inland Region’s economic engine and urges businesses to consider growth opportunities still available in this City that “Moves at the Speed of Business.”
Industrial development continues to lead Moreno Valley’s construction activity; nearly 60 million square feet is currently under development. Moreno Valley’s advertisement showcases the most recent national and global companies and developers to capitalize on Moreno Valley’s financial and locational advantages:
- Aldi will directly employ 200 at their new 800,000 square foot facility near Eucalyptus Avenue and Redlands Boulevard, developed by Ridge Property Trust. Aldi’s future expansion plans will employ hundreds more.
- Amazon is recruiting at least 1,000 to staff their new 1.25 million square foot fulfillment center at San Michele Road and Indian Street. Developed by Trammell Crow Company, this state-of-the-art facility will be ready for operations this summer.
- Deckers Outdoor will employ at least 200 to begin operations at their new 800,000 square foot distribution facility later this year. Deckers Outdoor is leasing half of the 1.6 million square foot building developed by Sares Regis Group at Perris Boulevard and Grove View Road. The remaining 800,000 square foot distribution space is available.
- Harbor Freight Tools is expanding in Moreno Valley and adding 150 jobs in the Centerpointe Business Park. Combined, the 1.3 million square foot building, plus additional space the company leases in the Moreno Valley Industrial Area, ranks Harbor Freight Tools in the top two largest Moreno Valley industrial operators.
- iHerb, Inc., located near Indian Street and Nandina Avenue is expanding to add more than 250 new jobs. iHerb, Inc. joined Moreno Valley’s job base just a few years ago and has since experienced substantial business success.
- Panattoni Development Company is actively constructing nearly 1.5 million square feet in a single logistics building. The un-named Fortune 30 Tenant will employ more than 800 to begin operations.
Moreno Valley’s prime Southern California location facilitates same day access to California, Nevada and Arizona consumers and the rest of the West in 1-2 days. Many have recognized the benefits of a Moreno Valley location and invested in substantial logistics facilities. On top of locational advantages, the City remains committed to supporting job growth for Moreno Valley’s residents; City leadership adopted attractive electric utility incentive rates for job producers.
Moreno Valley’s ad welcomes and congratulates our newest businesses to the community and invites more. Companies searching for a dynamic community partner to grow with choose Moreno Valley.
For more information about available Moreno Valley sites, contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 951.413.3460.
- See the Map of Development Projects 2014