Moreno Valley Animal Services offers a wide range of services, including dog licensing, low-cost spay/neuter programs and vaccination services. Dogs and cats are available for adoption at the animal shelter for a nominal fee.
- Adoption Events/
Pets of the Week
- Become a
Shelter Hours and Location
|Closed||9:30 a.m. -
|9:30 a.m. -
|9:30 a.m. -
|9:30 a.m. -
|10:00 a.m. -
|Closed Sundays, Mondays, and Holidays|
|Mondays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ( by appointment only)
- Arrange pick up of owned pet(s) seen on the website or Notice of Impoundment by calling (951) 413-3790.
- All other services will resume during regular business hours.
To find out why the shelter hours have changed, click here...
Animal Shelter Location
The Moreno Valley Animal Shelter is located at 14041 Elsworth St.
(between Cactus and Alessandro).
Phone Number: 951.413.3790
Fax Number: 951.413.3769
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moreno Valley Animal Services has dogs and cats available for adoption for a nominal fee. The shelter also has other services available for residents and their pets.
Before you adopt a pet...
Read this short paper before you make that important decision:
- How to Adopt a Pet...
- Pets must be spayed or neutered before they are allowed to go home. This is a State
Law that is intended to reduce pet over-population.
- Consider a microchip, the best way for your lost pet to be identified and returned to you.
- Dog & Puppy
$31.00 Adoption (plus the spay/neuter fee)
$20.00 5 in 1 Vaccination
$20.00 Rabies Deposit
$15.00 License (MV Residents only)
- Cat & Kitten Adoption
$20.00 (plus the spay/neuter fee)
$10.00 3 in 1 Vaccination
- Dog & Puppy
Found and Adoptable Pets
- Adoptable animals at our shelter
- Found animals at our shelter
- Adoptable and found animals through Pet Harbor
- Adoptable and found animals through Pet Finder
Our listings are on Pet Harbor. Pet Harbor is a not-for-profit Web site sponsored by HLP Chameleon and includes records from Los Angeles County Animal Control, Moreno Valley Animal Service, Pasadena Humane Society and San Diego County Department of Animal Control.
Don't Forget About that Dog License...
All dogs living in Moreno Valley that are four months of age and older must be licensed. You can obtain a license simply by having your dog vaccinated against rabies for a nominal fee at our Animal Shelter Clinic or you can go to your own veterinarian to obtain the rabies vaccination.
Make sure to bring in your dog's Rabies Certificate — you'll need it to get the dog license. You will be offered a discounted rate on your dog license if your dog is spayed or neutered.
Mandatory Spay - Neutering Ordinance
Other services available at the shelter.
- Spay and neuter clinic
- Microchip ($16.00 total fee)
- Trap Rentals (limited
Cat - $12/ per week with a $50 deposit
Donate to Help the Shelter, Help the Pets without Homes
The following programs provide both money and comfort.
How can getting this plate help?
Over 1 million dogs and cats enter California’s shelters each year, and over half of them are euthanized (killed) simply because there are not enough homes.
The easiest way a pet owner can help reduce pet overpopulation is to spay or neuter their pet. The California Pet Lover's License Plate will provide a large scale, permanent funding source for spay & neuter programs. These programs have proven to be the best way to help reduce the number of unwanted pets.
Donate a Bed
Give the Gift of Comfort to a shelter dog or cat. Your kindness will make a world of difference to them! Prices are specially discounted for donation. Items ship directly to the shelter in your name.
Click here to donate a Kuranda bed to City of Moreno Valley Animal Services.
Be a Volunteer for the Shelter
- Help with adoption events in the community
- Clean and care for the animals
- Office work, including putting together adoption packets, calling adopters to remind them to register their pets' microchip, filing paperwork, keeping bulletin boards updated
- Laundry and cleaning cages
What are the minimum requirements for a volunteer application?
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete and return volunteer application
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Review Training Videos
How to Report a Found Pet
- Contact the Moreno Valley Animal Shelter at 951-413-3790
- Email information and upload photos of the found pet to the following email link: email@example.com
- Contact your local newspaper and ask to post a free “found pet” ad
- Check with your neighbors; the pet may belong to them!
- Post “Found Pet” flyers in your immediate neighborhood and al local places people tend to visit (Be sure to get permission before posting any flyers)
- Go to www.petharbor.com and enter your zip code and click on “Found a Pet”. Select Moreno Valley Animal Services and follow along to register and upload pictures of a found dog, cat or other type of animal.
- Report found animals through Pet Finder
What to Do if Your Pet is Lost
Check the shelter
- View the kennels, puppy/small breed and cattery rooms daily.
- Stray animals are held for five business days for owner redemption.
- Check the DOA list, isolation board and lost & found daily, located in the lobby.
- DOA list-animals picked up deceased.
- Isolation list-animals not available for viewing by the public. These animals may be sick, injured, feral and aggressive.
- Enter your information in the Lost Book located in the lobby and check the Found book daily. These books are for public reference; shelter staff is not responsible for monitoring them.
- Post a picture and / or description of the pet on the Lost and Found board located at the end of the hallway as you enter the kennel area.
Become a Rescue Partner
Moreno Valley is committed to working with rescue / adoption organiztions (rescue groups) to help provide more opportunities for homeless and unwanted animals to find homes.
- Must complete an application
- Copy of your Federal 501 (c) (3) non-profit acknowledgement letter.
- Rescue Partner Guidelines
- Rescue Partner Application
Approved Rescue Group Partners
- Email pull list with Animal IDs and Authorized Puller to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pull List Form
- Payment Information
- Contact number
- Copy of ID
- All paperwork will be ready at the Front Desk ready for Authorized Puller’s signature.
- All the above must be submitted / filed / approved in order to pull any animals from our Facility.
Events and Vaccination/Dog Licensing Clinics
Free Spay & Neuter Program
For dogs and cats, with vouchers distributed to Moreno Valley residents on a first come, first serve basis at the Shelter. vouchers can be redeemed by City of Moreno Valley residents with proof of residency such as a valid ID that reflects a current address or a copy of a current utility bill. Qualifying dogs and cats must be 4 months or older and in good health.
- Pets currently impounded at the Moreno Valley Animal Shelter are not eligible.
- No more than 4 vouchers will be issued per household.
- Vouchers are to be used at designated veterinary clinics
Residents are encouraged to make an appointment to have their pet altered as soon as possible.
Father's Day Pet Adoption Event
Dates: Wednesday, June 17 - Saturday, June 20, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Saturday: 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Location: Moreno Valley Animal Shelter
(includes spay or neuter surgery, vaccines, HomeAgain microchip)
Pets of the Week
The Moreno Valley Animal Shelter has hundreds of animals that are for adoption. Each episode of "Pets of the Week" showcases a cat and a dog that are up for adoption. This program aims to help viewers find a new friend, find an old friend who has been lost, and help encourage proper care of pets.
Watch Pets of the Week Episodes
Pets may be adopted at any time; please call 951.413.3790 to see if they are still available!