The Library and its literacy programs play an important role in the City of Moreno Valley. All Moreno Valley residents can use the library, and obtain a library card to check out materials, use public computers, and access Wi-Fi.
|Moreno Valley Public Library||Hours of Operation:|
|25480 Alessandro Blvd.
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
|Monday - Thursday:
|9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Expanded Library Services Coming to Moreno Valley
On June 25th, 2013, the City Council unanimously approved an agreement with Library Systems
and Services, LLC that will expand services provided to all Library patrons. Beginning in September, the Library will be open 7 days a week, increasing overall service hours by 25%. Patrons will also benefit from a 200% increase in the amount spent each year on books, subscriptions and electronic database resources.
- Getting a Library Card
- Borrowing Information
- Literacy Program
To get a library card, simply go to the front desk of the Library and request the form. Library cards are free to all Riverside and San Bernardino County residents. A library card may be used to borrow materials from the Moreno Valley Public Library and other libraries in the Riverside and San Bernardino County systems.
Moreno Valley residents may obtain a library card by providing current picture identification, such as a driver's license or California ID, and proof of current address. Current address may be established with documentation such as a recent utility bill, pre-printed check, or piece of mail.
First-time library cards are free for residents of Moreno Valley. Replacement cards cost two dollars.
Your Moreno Valley Library Card provides access to the library’s materials, online content, and computer services. With it you can:
- Check out books, movies, music, video games, and more, for up to two weeks (up to 30 items, up to three in each audio/video format)
- Renew most items up to three times in person, over the phone, or online
- Download eBooks from home
- Access online research tools and magazine articles from home
- Use the public computers or Wi-Fi service at the library
- Place holds on items from the Moreno Valley Public Library and libraries affiliated with the Riverside County and San Bernardino County Library Systems (up to 20 items total, up to five in each audio/video format)
- Request items from libraries nationwide through Interlibrary Loan
- Set up a Reading History to save a list of titles you've checked out (visible only to you)
The library now has eBooks available for checkout. Visit our Axis360 catalog to browse our eBook collection. You can check out up to 2 titles for up to 14 days, with an option to shorten the loan period at checkout. Ebooks are not renewable.
You can read eBooks on your PC, iPad, iPhone, and Kindle Fire using the Blio reader that is available as a FREE download through the Axis360 site. You can also read eBooks on your Sony eReader, Nook, Kobo device, or other device that supports Adobe ePUB and PDF.
The Moreno Valley Library Literacy Program provides free literacy training for anyone 14 years and older.
The Literacy Program is always in need of tutors. Anyone interested in becoming a tutor or needing literacy assistance is encouraged to contact Laura Betts, 951.242.6366 between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday - Friday.