The center of all senior activities in Moreno Valley is the Moreno Valley Senior Community Center. The Moreno Valley Senior Community Center provides a warm, friendly place for seniors 50 years and older to enjoy themselves as well as an opportunity to interact with other friendly seniors.
The Center provides a very successful program and has, over the last year, increased the number of activities and participating seniors. The center offers exercise classes, fitness equipment, crafts, painting, ceramics, billiards, dancing, meals, cards, bingo, and special events every month.
The activities at the Senior Community Center are designed for active seniors who do not require special care or supervision. Seniors who require special care or supervision must be accompanied by a caregiver age 18 years or older when visiting the Center.
Divisions and Programs
Select a tab to learn more...
Registration and membership is free. We only require you to be 50 and older and sign our registration/waiver form.
Family Services Association offers lunch starting at 11:30 am, Monday through Friday. All meals are served with bread and milk. A $3.00 donation is suggested and reservations are needed. You may reach the Nutrition Center at 951.247.1667
Contact the Senior Center at 951.413.3430 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
25075 Fir Ave., Moreno Valley, CA 92553.
The Senior Center's monthly calendar lists the menu, activities, events, trips and tours and everything else going on at the center. A new calendar is published each month. Here is a brief description of each activity offered at the center .
Below is a brief explanation of the activities in the Center. If you have any questions, please call 951.413.3430.
- Oil Painting - Portraits, florals, landscapes. All seniors are invited to try their hand at oil painting. Participants provide their own material. Oil Painting is each Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
- Craft Experience - Craft classes are offered Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. Here you can play around with arts and crafts. This is a great class to meet new friends, have fun and be creative!
- Bingo - Bingo is one of the most popular attractions that the Senior Center offers. Bingo is held on Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- Billiards - Billiards is another popular activity at the Center. The men can always be found in the pool hall but it's also becoming popular with the women. The two senior teams compete against other senior centers in the local area. The Center has four pool tables for everyone's enjoyment.
- Ceramics - Ceramics is offered Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. . There is individual instruction on ceramic greenware for beginners and advanced students. Students provide their own materials.
- Cards - The Center offers a wide range of card games and times to play. Card playing ranges from bridge, pinochle and canasta. There is always open card playing in the Center's rear lobby even in the mornings!
- Line Dancing - Mondays and Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. and Fridays at 12:30 p.m. Join the fun with the Boot Scootenetes and Dudes. No partner needed. The line dancing classes are a great place to meet with old friends and make new ones.
- Exercise - Exercise classes are offered on Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays from 8:15 a.m to 10:15 a.m. The Center also has an exercise room with great machines including two treadmills, a weight machine and recumbent bike.
- Yoga for Seniors - Join a wonderful introduction to the basics of Yoga, including breathing, relaxation, meditation and postures. Dress comfortably. Class is held on Tuesdays at 9:15 a.m.
The following agencies provide services for seniors.
- Office on Aging - 800.510.2020 or 951.867.3800
- Social Security - 800.772.1213
- Legal Aid - 951.368.2555
- Utility Assist - 800.464.1123
- Shared Housing - 951.686.4402
- Fair Housing - 951.682.6581
- Dial-a-Ride - 800.795.7887
- Mo Van - 800.351.6571
- Braille Inst. - 760.321.1111
- Catholic Charities - 951.924.9964
- Late Life Depression (over 60 ) - 951.801.5282
- Medicare Info. - 800.633.4227
- Nutrition - 951.247.1667
For reservations contact Dial-A-Ride at 800.795.7887.
Monday - Saturday: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday: 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. This bus will take you anywhere within the City limits for $2.50 per ride.
For reservations please call Mo Van at 800.351.6571.
Any adult who is physically disabled or over the age of 60 may use Mo Van.
$1.00 for one way local trips
$2.50 for one way trips outside of the city limits (medical visits only within 35 mile radius)
Service & Reservation Hours
Reservation: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm – Monday through Friday
Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance.
Service hours: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm – Monday through Friday
(Hours and Services subject to change)
Medical out of town trips are priority.
How to schedule an appointment
Simply call 1.800.351.6571 and you will be connected with a dispatcher. Give the dispatcher your:
- Pick-Up Point (full address)
- Return Time
- Indicate if you are physically disabled and if an aide will be accompanying you
Canceling a Trip
If you need to cancel a reservation, do so immediately. There may be a charge for “No Shows”.
Packages must be limited in size and number depending on the passenger’s ability to handle them unassisted.
Holidays Not in Service
- New Year’s Eve
- President’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day and day after
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
The Mo Van is sponsored by the Friends of the Moreno Valley Senior Center, Inc.