MV PD Safety Tips
Walking to School
Use these tips to help keep safe while walking to school.
- Discuss safest route to and from school and help map out route
- Talk about the importance of crossing the street at some corners as opposed to others and the use of crosswalks when available.
- Teach children to cooperate with crossing guards and Police
- Walk cross the street, do not run
- Always look both ways before crossing the street
- Go directly to and from school
- Be extra careful during bad weather as motorists may not be able to see you
- If walking after dark can not be avoided, wear light clothing and reflective strips