Energy Bill Assistance for Income-qualified Families
Moreno Valley Utility (MVU) has a rate reduction program to provide qualified low-income families with a 20% discount on their electric energy charges.
To qualify for the energy rate discount, a qualifying MVU customer must submit a completed application and include an original Transcript of Return from the IRS.
- The MVU Energy Assistance Program is a discount program for qualified residents, providing a 12% or 20% discount on monthly energy charges depending on their income and household size.
- Program qualifications and rules are subject to change at the discretion of the utility.
- Eligibility for the program is based on the number of full-time residents in the household and the total gross income of all household members.
- Discount applies to energy charges only. Customer charges, public purpose charges, service fees and all taxes are calculated at the standard rates.
- To apply for the program, electric service must be provided in the name of the applicant.
- If applying using an original Transcript of Tax Return from the US Internal Revenue Service, a transcript is required for each member of the household. Transcripts are available free of charge by mailing a completed Form 4506-T to the IRS. Form and instructions are available at www.irs.gov.
- Applications received without the required Support Documents or Transcript of Tax Return will not be processed.
- Program enrollment is valid through June 30 of each year. Customers must reapply annually to demonstrate eligibility for the discount.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for processing of application. Once approved, the discount will apply to the next regular billing period.
- If you have any questions regarding the program, please call our 24-hour Customer Service Center toll free at (844) 341-6469.
Moreno Valley Utility
Application Processing Center
380 N. San Jacinto St.
Hemet, CA 92543
Completed forms, support documents & IRS transcripts can also be faxed to: (877) 349-3870.
Also of interest...
If you have any questions regarding the program, please call our 24-hour Customer Service Center toll free at: