Your energy use changes from month to month and so does your energy bill. Both may go up or down with changes in the weather and the way you use appliances, lights and other devices in your home or business. To balance out the highs and lows, you can have a more predictable energy bill simply by signing up for our Level Payment Plan.
When you choose our Level Payment Plan, we estimate your yearly energy costs and spread the payments evenly throughout the year. That way, you have more control and are protected from seasonal cost peaks.
With level payment, your monthly bill will still show your actual usage and the costs for your service for the billing period. We’ll compare your bills and payments three times each year and, if your level payment amount is too high or too low, we’ll let you know and change the amount on your next bill.
How it Works
We will calculate your electricity use over the prior 12 months and come up with a dollar amount. This dollar amount is divided by 11 and becomes the Level Pay Plan amount you will pay over the next 11 months. On the 12th month, you’ll receive a settlement bill showing either a payment due, or a credit to your account based on how much energy you used. Your account is automatically reviewed and your Level Pay Plan monthly amount may be adjusted to reduce your settlement balance in the 12th month. Adjustments are made every 4 months, if necessary.
How Does This Help Me
- Customers whose bills vary greatly throughout the year will find our Level Payment plan a great way to manage bills and budget for energy costs.
- The Level Payment Plan automatically evens out the monthly highs and lows so your energy bills are more consistent. When you know what to expect, it’s easier to plan your budget.
To Qualify for the Level Payment Plan
- You must be a residential or small commercial customer with a minimum of 12 months of service with MVU.
- Your account must be paid up to date with no arrears balance.
- During the last 12 months and going forward on the plan, your account can have no more than two late paid billings, no non-sufficient funds checks and no disconnections for nonpayment.
Get the Application
After Completing the Application Please mail, fax, email or bring to our local office:
MVU Payment Processing
380 N. San Jacinto Street Hemet, CA 92543
14331 Frederick Street Suite 2
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
If you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at .844.341.6469.