Medical Baseline Allocation
Eligibility for Medical Baseline Allocation
To be eligible for Medical Baseline, you or someone who lives with you full-time must require use of a medical life-support device or piece of equipment. A qualifying life-support device is any medical device used to sustain life or is relied upon for mobility. This device must run on electricity supplied by MVU. It includes, but is not limited to, respirators (oxygen concentrators), iron lungs, hemodialysis machines, suction machines, electric nerve stimulators, pressure pads and pumps, aerosol tents, electrostatic and ultrasonic nebulizers, compressors, IPPB machines, kidney dialysis machines, and motorized wheelchairs. Devices used for therapy rather than life-support do not qualify.
You or a full-time resident can also be a paraplegic, hemiplegic, quadriplegic, multiple sclerosis or scleroderma patient, or have a life-threatening illness or compromised immune system.
Applying for the Medical Baseline Allocation
- Download application or request application from Moreno Valley Utility by telephone, mail or in person.
- Complete application.
- The patient’s physician will need to fill out the required information on the application and sign it certifying the medical need.
- The customer can mail or bring the application to Moreno Valley Utility offices.
- Once the application is reviewed and approved, the Medical Baseline Allocation will be effective on the next regular electric billing.
- Applications must be renewed every two years.
MVU Payment Processing
380 N. San Jacinto Street Hemet, CA 92543
14331 Frederick Street Suite 2
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
If you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at .844.341.6469.