FY 2015/2016 Program
Now accepting Solar Rebate packets for the fiscal year 2015/16. All completed application packets will be processed for reservation in the order received. Please submit to our office at 14331 Frederick Street, Suite 2, Moreno Valley, CA 92553 or by email at email@example.com. REMEMBER: Two signed originals are needed of the Net Energy Metering (NEM) agreement.
- MVU Residential Solar Electric Rebate Program application (required)
- MVU Commercial Solar Electric Rebate Program application
- MVU Solar Incentive Program Incentive Program Requirements
- Net Energy Metering Commercial Agreement
- Net Energy Metering Residential Agreement
- The MVU Solar Rebate is available to MVU electric customers only.
- The qualifying system must be on same premises as the customer.
- All solar system components must be new and approved by MVU. Panels and inverters must appear on the latest California Energy Commission certified photovoltaic modules list and certified inverters list as posted on the Go Solar California website.
- Panels must be warranted for 25 years, and inverters and labor for 10 years.
- An electric meter must be in place to monitor the system’s performance.
- This program is limited to funds available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Leased systems are not eligible to participate in the Solar Rebate Program.
- The minimum installation size eligible for a rebate is 1 kW (1,000 watts).
- The maximum installation size eligible for a rebate 1 MW (1,000,000 watts).
- Customers who install solar electric generation systems 30 kW, or less, will qualify for the Expected Performance Based Buydown (EPBB) program which has a rebate level at $1.00 per AC watt installed.
- Customers installing solar electric generation systems larger than 30 kW will be subject to the Performance Based Incentive Rate (PBI) which is paid over a 5 year period at a varying rate per kWh generated and MVU will own all the environmental attributes (Renewable Energy Credits or RECS) produced for as long as the system exists. The customer may elect to retain the environmental attributes in exchange for a reduced incentive. The reduced incentive will consist of the Performance Based Incentive Rate being paid over a 4 year period rather than 5 years.
- For commercial customers that fall under the Performance Based Incentive, the incentive is 4 cents per kWh for installations over 30kW up to 500kW. For installations over 500kW up to 1 MW, the incentive will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Customers will only receive rebates for systems installed that are sized up to 100% of the maximum average historical usage for the past 24 months. For customers with less than 2 years account history, the average will be based on available data.
- EPBB qualified customer rebate amounts are limited to $10,000 for residential systems, or $50,000 for small commercial, or 50% of the total cost of the project
- All solar electric generation systems larger than 30 kW will have Professional Engineers approval before submittal.
- The actual amount of the EPBB rebate will take into consideration solar panel output, inverter efficiency and design factors such as climate, azimuth, tilt and shading. The calculation of the amount of rebate will be based on the CSI Rating on the CSI (California Solar Initiative) web site, WWW.GOSOLARCALIFORNIA.ORG.
- All incentive payments are based on available funds and verification of installation
- Moreno Valley Electric Utility (MVU) reserves the right to determine program eligibility
14331 Frederick Street, Suite 2
Moreno Valley, CA 92553