FY 2016/2017 Program
The Moreno Valley Electric Utility (MVU) Residential Solar Rebate Program is closed. MVU will continue to accept residential solar interconnections using the No Rebate Acknowledgement Form. The MVU Commercial Solar Incentive is available to eligible MVU electric customers only.
- MVU Commercial Solar Electric Rebate Program application
- Solar Generator Interconnection Request
- MVU Solar Incentive Program Incentive Program Requirements
- Net Energy Metering Commercial Agreement
- Net Energy Metering Residential Agreement
- FY 2016/17 MVU Verification form – NO REBATE Acknowledgement
- The minimum installation size eligible for an incentive is 100kW (100,000 watts).
- The maximum installation size eligible for an incentive is 1MW (1,000,000 watts).
- The qualifying system must be on same premises as the customer.
- All solar system components must be new and approved by MVU. Panels and inverters must appear on the latest California Energy Commission certified photovoltaic modules list and certified inverters list as posted on the Go Solar California website.
- Panels must be warranted for 25 years, and inverters and labor for 10 years.
- An electric meter and online system performance monitoring must be in place.
- This program is limited to funds available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Leased systems are not eligible to participate in the Commercial Solar Incentive Program.
- All commercial applications must include the completed Solar Generator Interconnection Request, per our Generating Facility Interconnections (Rule 21).
- Customers installing solar electric generation systems larger than 100 kW will be subject to the Performance Based Incentive Rate (PBI) which is paid over a 5 year period at a varying rate per kWh generated and MVU will own all the environmental attributes (Renewable Energy Credits or RECS) produced for as long as the system exists. The customer may elect to retain the environmental attributes in exchange for a reduced incentive. The reduced incentive will consist of the Performance Based Incentive Rate being paid over a 4 year period rather than 5 years.
- The Performance Based Incentive is 4 cents per kWh for installations over 100kW up to 500kW. For installations over 500kW up to 1 MW, the incentive will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Customers will only receive incentives for systems installed that are sized up to 100% of the maximum average historical usage for the past 24 months. For customers with less than 2 years account history, the average will be based on available data.
- All solar electric generation systems larger than 100kW will have Professional Engineers approval before submittal.
- All incentive payments are based on available funds and verification of installation.
- Moreno Valley Electric Utility (MVU) reserves the right to determine program eligibility.
Program Application Instructions
- Applications will be accepted in person or by email to the program administrator starting July 6, 2016. Applications must be accompanied with a copy of the solar installation contract and the completed MVU Net Metering and Surplus Compensation Enrollment (NEM) Form.
- A MVU No Rebate Acknowledgement or Commercial Application is required for submittals of PV permit applications at the City of Moreno Valley Building & Safety division. Once a project has been accepted, notice will be emailed to the contractor listed on the application. The MVU signed Form or Application can then be picked up at the MVU payment office located at 14331 Frederick Street, Suite 2, Moreno Valley. Payment office hours are Mon.–Thurs. 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. and Fri. 8 a.m..–5 p.m.
Map of Moreno Valley Solar Installations
- Click here to see the map...
14331 Frederick Street, Suite 2
Moreno Valley, CA 92553