Trash and Recyclables Collection
The City of Moreno Valley provides weekly refuse service. As part of this service, each single-family residence is provided three 96 gallon wheeled carts, one for recyclables, one for green waste and one for regular trash. Additional carts are available for a fee by calling Waste Management of the Inland Empire at 800.423.9986.
Don't know when your weekly trash pick up day is? See the trash pickup map for Moreno Valley....
For more details on City of Moreno Valley trash collection, select a tab below...
- Which Container?
- Holiday Schedule
- Container Reminders
What the Containers Are For
Homes in Moreno Valley have three different trash cans. Each is a different color, and each is designated for a certain type of waste.
City of Moreno Valley residents can take additional recyclable materials to the Transfer Station located at 17700 Indian Street, Moreno Valley, at no additional cost.
Waste collection does not occur on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a weekday, collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
Trash Container Reminders
- Place all waste in the appropriate container and close the lid.
- Trash, recyclables and greenwaste not placed in carts will not be collected.
- Place your carts at the curb by 6:00 am on your collection day.
- Roll carts into the street and place them against the curb with the handles facing your home.
- Place carts at least two feet apart from other carts and objects.
- Emptied carts must be removed from curbside by 6:00 pm on the same day and placed out of public view.