MV PD Safety Tips
Car seat inspections and installation by appointment only.
Contact Community Service:
Children must stay in a car seat until they are six years old or 60 lbs.
- Infant Rear Facing – Newborn to 1 year old and 20 lbs
- Forward Facing – Over 1 year old and 20-40 lbs
- Booster Seats – Minimum 30-40 lbs; Maximum 60-100 lbs (Includes most 4-8 year olds)
Car Seats should only be used when:
- Child’s back and bottom touches the back of the seat
- Child’s knees are bent at a 90 degree angle
- Lap belt fits across the child’s lower hips and tight on the upper thighs
- Shoulder belt fits across the child’s chest
- Head restraint is adjusted properly