The Hire a MoVal Veteran program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley Veterans.
With the new Hire a MoVal Veteran program, your business is eligible to apply for a $1,500 stipend ($1,000 to the business and $500 to the veteran) for each Moreno Valley veteran up to a maximum of ten new hires. See the program flyer for details.
- Your businesses must be currently licensed by the City of Moreno Valley Businesses that fail to keep a current Moreno Valley Business license will be automatically disqualified.
- Your hire must be a Moreno Valley Veteran who has served in the United States Military as either Active Duty or Reservist in the Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, or National Guard. Veterans must have received an Honorable Discharge or have been released from active duty under honorable conditions.
- Veterans must be Moreno Valley residents at the time of the award.
- Your business must submit the application each program year. Applications must include a list of eligible employees providing name, address, date of hire and branch of service. Copies of Employee’s discharge papers (including form DD-214) must be available upon request, but are not required to be submitted with the application.
- Your business must retain employee(s) for a minimum of 480 hours of employment, which is an average of 20 hours a week for a minimum employment time period of six months.
- An award may be made based on a first come basis in increments of $1,000 per qualified new hire employee, hired up to a maximum of five awards (5 qualified new hire employees) per business during each program year.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed application form.
- Note the program year:
2021/22 Program Year runs – July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
2022/23 Program Year runs – July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023
What to Expect
- Allow 8 – 12 weeks for processing and notification.
Incentives may be taxable. Consult your tax advisor to be certain.